Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What are they thinking?

Once and for all... what is it with white sunglasses?

There is nothing cool or sophisticated about people wearing white-framed sunglasses! To me they look like kiddie glasses, you know the kind you buy at the dollar store for children under the age of 5.


OK... I admit, I've got a soft spot for Max Headroom (wow! does that age me or what! that was a great tv show in its day!) but don't tell me Cobain looks sexy or manly in those specs?

Guy with tie: You know everyone's laughing at you in those glasses, don't you?
Guy in white shades: I don't care, they're Fila, and I can afford them!

I'm showing my ignorance here - I've no idea who they are - and my apologies to the owner of the photo (yes, I sort of "borrowed" it when I googled 'men in white sunglasses' and this image popped up so many times!) but the joker on the right looks like a right ponce! 

Well, it goes to show that money can buy you everything but intelligence (and that, my friends, is a blog and a half unto itself).

I visited my son a few weeks ago - and horror of horrors, as we stepped out into the sunlight, he pulled out a pair of white frames. "Ugh! Stefan! Come on! I'm not walking beside you if you wear those!" "Mum! They're so ugly, they're cool!" [He's almost 30 - and if he'd said they were "bucc" I would have disowned him right then and there!]


And it's not only men. I snapped this couple the other day - lucky girl to have been included in Cobain's will! [Notice her boyfriend is hanging his head in shame - bet he doesn't make eye contact with passersby.]

And now I've got that off my chest - time for me to don my Ray Ban's. Now, those are cool!!

* * *



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the Raybans, except mine are proper glasses (minus 5, cholera) and they go dark in the sunlight, but not dark enough. But white? Never! That makes us... dwie stare ropuchy... Can I swear on your blog? Delete if you like... New phrase I've picked up in Poland for those senior moments. Seems we are suffering from what's known over here as SKS, to znaczy... Starosc, k---a, starosc!

    ReplyDelete